0

it's been a while...

My husband mentioned a few days ago that he missed my blogs. He remarked on my talent and urged me to pick it back up. I shrugged off his suggestion thinking, "Yeah, one more thing to add to my to do list."  Tonight I had a lot of thoughts running through my head and as I sipped a much needed glass of white wine and watch my recorded General Hospital I decided to write.

This week is the first full week of Summer Vacation for Lily and she is spending it with my Dad and his wife Deanna in Altus, OK. I was extremely sad preparing and packing for Lily to go. I miss her. Lily is my right hand and truely, she has stepped into the role as my best girlfriend.  She is my idol! She is everything I wished I had been as a kid and I pray I can continue to cultivate her lack of fear, hunger to learn, and friendliness towards all. 

It's interesting how much easier it seems with only one kid at home.  Logan becomes totally different. More loving, more interested in talking to me and cuddling. I'm enjoying alone time with him. Tonight we were playing in his room and he emptied a basket of stuffed animals and brought me each one. I had a flash back to when he was a few months old and I was playing with him in his room. I had his blinds open to give him some natural sun and I decided to put him in that basket with his stuffed animals. I frantically snapped a few photos of him and he made funny faces at me. I swear he was saying, "you need to get a life mom!" Tonight we reinacted this scene and I snapped a photo of him. He was enammored with comparing the original baby photo with the one tonight and I was in awe at how much he had changed, how much he was the same and how FAST time has flown. 

Switching gears now to work. Maybe change is on my horizon, I am not sure but I was given the opportunity (not given to my coworkers) to take a Dale Carnegie class. I have been craving professional development and leadership opportunites for years now and I finally have a manager who is listening. I gave a report tonight about an experience with a physician I had and honestly, I told a story that occurs nearly daily for me so it was easy. The class (about 30 participants) voted me the winner of breakthrough performance tonight. I know it's not a huge deal but it is a big deal to me. I finally feel that I'm being given the opportunity to show my talent.  I feel privilged to have the opportunity to take the class and I'm proud that I was complimented on delivery and technique.  I hope to continue to grow professionally and I'm curious what opportunites my future holds. 

Short, sweet, and to the point, but hey, you got to start somewhere.

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates