0

Father's Day Weekend!

I know, I know, I broke my promise. I was going to give it the old college try at keeping this blog updated weekly. Frankly, life just got in the way. Although I'm way behind on my posts I have been trying to take pictures with my good camera so at least when I do get caught up you'll have pictures to enjoy.

A lot has happened since my last post (about returning to work). I'd like to rehash Father's Day Weekend 2011. It is my opinion that once you have children you truly appreciate the celebration of Mother's Day and Father's Day.  I'd like to  briefly tell you about how important a FATHER is to me.

As a child, my father was many things: A Provider, A Confidant, A Friend, A Playmate. I remember many things about growing up with my father but a few in particular come to mind. 

1. My Daddy used to take me on rides. I'm sure that this was done to give my mom a break but to me it was pure enjoyment to get out in Daddy's truck and ride around. I remember riding out by Lake Arrowhead or taking the back roads to Burkburnett. Driving out in the country with my Daddy, listening to him sing country tunes, and usually enjoying some Wrigley's Big Chew. Simple, cheap fun. This was back in the day when you could sit in the front seat, sometimes without a seat belt!
2. I remember my Daddy teaching me how to kick a soccer ball in the backyard. We would kick the ball over and over against the brick wall of our house in Wichita Falls. Quality time with my Daddy!
3. I remember swinging back and forth in the back yard while Daddy mowed the yard or grilled hamburgers.
4. I fondly recall my Daddy letting me steer his truck down Rhea Road after Monday night piano lessons. I also remember the many days of driving him around in my new car when I was 15 with a learner's permit while he recovered from cancer surgery.
5. When I think of the ocean waves I think of my Dad. I've never seen a person enjoy being in the ocean more than my father. I remember when I was a young child he took my sister and I in each arm and swung us over the waves as we screamed at the top of our lungs.
6. I recall singing along with my Dad while he played the guitar. Concerts in the living room, sitting on the fireplace while family and friends sat as our audience. I wish I had a video to look back on that time.

My father has been an integral part of forming who I am today. I now experience pure joy of watching my father interact with my children. He sings the same silly songs to Lily that he used to sing to me and I love him for that.


My Dad, Charlie with Lily and My Dad and Sister, Megan Father's Day Weekend 2011

Secondly, I'd like to speak about Aaron as a father.  Watching Aaron grow into a father has been one of the greatest gifts any person could receive.  I always knew that Aaron would be a wonderful provider for our family but I had no idea what a wonderful, interactive parent he would be to our children.






As Lily and Logan grow I know that they will cherish simple interactions with Aaron as I do with my own father.  For those of you who don't know, I'd like to brag about exactly how hand's on Aaron is.  My work schedule is 7am-4pm. In order for me to be to work on time, Aaron has solely taken on the kids' morning routine. He gets both kids up, dressed, fed, and to school every morning. Any one who has juggled two kids knows how hard this is. I know I don't say enough how much I appreciate you Aaron, Thank You!

Pawpaw Don, Logan, & Lily on Father's Day Weekend 2011



I hope that this post will act as a solute to all of you Fathers. Better late than never! :-)


0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates