4

Time...

I thought I'd be clever and write a post about time, and my lack thereof. I even googled for a definition of TIME...I spent too much of it (time that is) looking for that answer as there were about 10 definitions/interpretations of TIME.

So why am I writing a blog post about TIME? It's top of mind. Lately I feel like there is not enough. I'm constantly racing against the clock.

I get up around 5:30AM, I race to shower, I multi-task by pumping and applying makeup at the same time (I know...beautiful sight!) I drink coffee while I'm fixing my hair.  I run through the house with shoes, phone, bags in hand while hugging my kids and husband goodbye. I race out of the driveway while trying not to run over the dog. I race against the clock to be at work by 7:00AM. During my work day the clock moves in triple time. I think about my to do list...I get a headache! I have to make time to pump (express milk) twice during work.

Pumping at work is a double edged sword. I don't have time for it. It's too much time to walk over there, too much time to set it all up, too much time to get it done, too much time to clean it up... but one thing pumping does, gives me a little TIME to sit and rest.

Once I leave work again, TIME is an issue. I get to the daycare and scoop up my kids. Once we're home I'm in turbo mode. Racing to unpack the car, unpack the kids, change clothes, potty, wash bottles, prepare dinner, play and interact with kids. You see, there's not enough TIME to get that all done within an hour or two. 

Bath time/Bedtime is MY TIME with the kids. Daddy does mornings and I do evenings. I try to have quality TIME with Lily as I bathe her and prepare her for bed. We talk, we sing, we snuggle.  Often I am exhausted but I cherish this TIME. In the back of my head the clock is still ticking. I have to get her bedtime routine done so I can begin Logan's. He likes to eat on TIME. Close to 8:00PM and he's tired, getting a little fussy (for him) and it's HIS TIME. As bedtime routine continues with Logan, again, I cherish the moment. I savor this TIME as he's growing so fast. I think about how TIME is stealing my baby away from me. How can he be almost 5 months old? In the back of my head, the clock ticks, got to get moving so Lily can get to bed, don't want her to wake up late tomorrow and make Daddy late!

Finally by 8:30PM the house is quiet. Now it's my time and time with Aaron. I get ready for bed, I prepare my things and the kids things for tomorrow. Aaron and I make our lunches and prepare coffee. I pump again. TIME to go to bed.

I know it sounds like an excuse but I don't have enough TIME in the day. I miss my friends and my family but I missed the TIME to call them. I will try harder tomorrow. So now I will publish this post, TIME is of the essence.

4 Comments


Love it. Well not the lack of time, but the way you brought the word in. There's never enough time when you want it and too much when you don't need it. Try to enjoy the time you spend doing things you like and spend less time doing the things you don't. It does get better.


I don't say it enough, but you are a wonderful mother! Lily and Logan (and Aaron)appreciate all you do for them and your family.


It's so refreshing to hear that I'm not the only one feeling the pressure of time. It's so exhausting but soooo worth it. And Lily will remember that time with her in the evenings. You are amazing that you're being so self -sacrificing but you're making your children know that they are important.


Yes we couldn't do it with out her. She is the best Mother you could wish for.

Aaron, Lily, and Logan

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates