0

Happy Halloween!

I always joke that if you live in Texas, don't blink or you'll miss FALL. After the record breaking temperatures we experienced this summer, anything below 100 degrees, combined with the month of October was classified as fall in my book.

Having two children, I have no excuse for not taking my family to a pumpkin patch, other than every time I had time to go it was hot and sunny. We opted for the easy route this year and went to the fall festival at Calloways Nursery. They had many great backgrounds to pose the kids for pictures as well as craft projects, free popcorn, and a bounce house.  All of this less than a mile from our home, perfect!
Aaron and I were able to leave work early one Friday to attend the annual Primrose Halloween Parade. Each class has a theme and dresses up in "costume" then parades around for the parents.  Lily's class was dressed as pumpkins and Logan's class was clowns.  Lily was totally into the attention the parade brought her, Logan on the other hand, looked stunned by the crowd, the wind, the sun. See picture below for proof!
 
After the parade we attended Lily's class party. Our Halloween celebrations continued that weekend with Primrose Trunk or Treat. Lily is obsessed with Disney Princesses. She also loves to dress up in costume. She literally dresses up and plays every day after school. Combine the obsession to dress up with candy and parties and this is one girl who LOVES Halloween!

This child truly makes me laugh. She picked Cinderella as her costume because, duh, Cinderella has blond hair and blue eyes. As I got her ready she was adamant that Cinderella wears her hear up. That was fun! Where's Mimi when I need her? :-) So I put her hair up in a bun while it was still wet and it was much easier. She demanded that I hairspray any fly aways and insisted on lip gloss and pink cheeks. Man, she's high maintenance. I have no idea where she gets it from! As you can see, she turned out to be a beautiful Cinderella. She loved prancing around in her costume, smiling and posing. Poor Logan on the other hand, wasn't feeling well. He literally slept through Halloween. We dressed him as a Dallas Cowboy for the Primrose Trunk or Treat but the only picture I got was him sleeping in his car seat.  We also attended a costume party as a family, I was a cowgirl, Aaron was a cowboy, and Logan was supposed to be a cow. Somehow, Logan never made it into his costume! Best laid plans. :-)

As Halloween night approached, Lily was REALLY into this thing now. Again, I had to put her hair up and make sure she was perfect, and AGAIN, Logan slept through the excitement and costume. Lily and I went trick or treating right around our house. She LOVED it! It brought back memories from my childhood. I fondly remember my dad taking me through our neighborhood hitting every house until I walked my feet plum off. I also feel I've accomplished something as a parent. Lily really could care less about the candy. She never even asked me for a piece Halloween night. We put her loot in our candy jar and occasionally she asks me for a piece. She likes the chocolate stuff and hates anything sour. Our neighborhood also celebrated Halloween with a block party and Lily really enjoyed playing with her classmate, Addison, and her girlfriend Olivia.
I also included pictures from Lily's final dance class this year. She took tap and ballet through the city. She really enjoyed it and actually did very well. I plan to sign her up soon with an actual dance studio. I think she can definitely learn the dances but is just lacking the discipline to stay focused. She is only three so with age will come maturity.  For her dance recital she chose to dress as Snow White. After dance, we took a quick trip to the mall. A few ladies approached us and oohed and awed over how pretty Snow White was and how surprised they were to see her out. Lily batted her eyelashes and said, "thank you, but I'm not REALLY snow white." She is too much!
 

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates